I posted a nice wrap-up of my March training here, and thought it’d be nice to keep it going. So I’m hereby creating a “Monthly Mileage” post. (If the posts stop, it’s because I’ve pansied out and the running has stopped. I’m hoping that won’t happen.)
April held 45.5 miles all totaled, in 13 runs!
April also included the Ukrops 10k.
I’ve got the Heart of Virginia 10k this Saturday, and no more races scheduled after that! I think that needs to change, because this time around, it’s proven necessary to have a race on the horizon to keep me consistent. If I’m not training for something, I’m afraid I’ll stop running.
I have a few options in mind:
- the James Monroe 5k on June 8
- the Vine to Wine 5k on June 28 (a Friday night race! with wine!)
- the Kiwanis Independence Day 5k on July 4 (I haven’t run this one since 2005, but I still run in the t-shirt all the time!)
But I’m sort of disappointed in the lack of local races (especially 10ks) in the next few months! I might have to do a little digging. Or traveling.
And then, just as something to think about, I’ve been eyeing the following:
- the American Family Fitness Half Marathon in Richmond on November 16, and/or
- the Three Bridges Half Marathon in Charlottesville on December 1
But I’m not quite ready to commit to another half marathon yet. We’ll just have to see how the summer goes!